Serious though, it took forever to edit this sucker. I am so happy that its FINALLY OVER!!!
It’s totally worth a watch . . . it has been very, very thoroughly edited . . . Has it ever . . .
Now all I need to do is attempt to update this thing vlogging thing semi-regularly . . .
Regarding the content: the video describes my YouTube goals, what I like to read, what I like to write and the name origins of “Purplemouse.” Please, please, please do check it out!
Here’s the Purplemouse image I made especially for YouTube. You can use it if you want to so long as you credit the Gimp brush maker, Red Head Stock:
I hope you guys enjoy the videos I will make! I will try to post once/week or more, and my posts will include book reviews and writing tips. I will be vlogging during Nanowrimo about my latest reading project, which I will describe in more detail in a later post.
Sorry for not having been around for so long!!! Its been hectic around here! My summer job is very sporadic and my inspiration is running a bit low at this point . . .
I do, however, have a tonne of news to share: 1) I scripted two YouTube videos for my vlog, which should be premiering June 1 if all goes well.
2) I’ve decided that the novel I will enter into July’s Camp Nanowrimo will be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast instead of Sleeping Beauty because it’s one I’ve wanted to write for a long time and which even has an ending in my head. The premise: Belle comes from a family of monster hunters . . .
3) I’ve finished reading Awoken. Bottom line is: I love it, now go read it. However, I have not yet had the opportunity to give it a proper Good Reads review. I’m currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, but I only read a chapter of that per month, so once I’m done the June chapter I will move on to either Story of a Soul by Saint Therese of Lisieux or Scarlet by Merissa Meyer, depending on whether or not I am up to reading something more serious and spiritual or if I will just need a light read to relax me.
4) I’ve written a bit of a short story about Snow White. This story is a parody: I intend to write a serious Snow White retelling one day.
5) Regarding my troubles in YouTube land – I’ve scripted two videos and am working on a third but have as of yet had no time to record them! Ah!!! What’s a girl to do!!
That’s right, folks (if there are any folks out there reading this), I don’t have ideas for a blog post today so I’m blogging for the sake of blogging about not knowing what to blog about.
So, here’s some ideas of what I could be blogging about:
1) astrophysics – I don’t know much about it but I sure love to watch SciShowSpace (yes, I did just shamelessly plug one of the vlogbrothers’ latest channels). Also, black holes, quasars and other such phenomenon are awesome
2) the economy of Luxembourg – all I can say on this subject is that they are an EU member country
3) the eating habits of the cricetinae (hamster) – strange
4) the effect of climate change on the Arctic – I’m sure it’s dire
5) trends in recent New York Times bestseller lists – let me guess? Teen paranormal romance?
Speaking of YA books that feature the paranormal, it’s time to give you another spoiler from my own book, which is not a romance, but is a young adult book that does feature the paranormal on account of being a fantasy novel.
Your spoiler for today: the fantasy world it takes place in, the Land of Legends and Ancient Songs, is influenced by Middle Earth, Narnia, and Disneyland. The book itself is full of references to literature, folk music, and pop culture, including Skyrim. “The Rocky Road to Dublin” is one of Andrzej’s favourite songs to play on guitar, and he has a whole tavern dancing to it. Don’t know “The Rocky Road to Dublin”? SHAME ON YOU!!!! Enlighten yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc