Oh. My. Gosh!
CAMP NANOWRIMO STARTS TOMORROW!!!
For those who don’t know what that is, it’s a writing contest, the goal of which is to write the first draft of a book. In the case of Nanowirmo (November), it is strictly a novel/novella writing contest in which the word goal is 50, 000 words. In the case of Camp Nanowrimo, it is a book/story writing contest in which writers can set their own word goals. My personal word goal is the typical 50, 000 words
For those who haven’t signed up yet, here’s a link: http://campnanowrimo.org/
I have just been assigned my cabin – I am with 12 other lovely writers, and some of them are . . . chatty! I think this will be a very encouraging bunch.
For those who are thinking of signing up, here’s a list of things you need:
1) Writing material (computer, pencil, pen, paper, keyboard, crayons, post-it notes, notebooks, spray paint . . . whatever medium you prefer).
2) Coffee. If you haven’t started drinking it yet, you will.
3) A smile and a positive attitude.
4) It helps to have encouraging friends. You can find those @Nanowrimo on Twitter, in the forums, and, of course, by messaging me. Youtubers give a lot of encouragement as well. I find Katytastic’s, Little Book Owl’s and Christine Horner’s videos particularly helpful.
5) Story ideas. Don’t worry, these will come to you. I find it best to have an outline, but some have “pantsed” Nanowrimo and won.
See you all soon!