That’s right, folks (if there are any folks out there reading this), I don’t have ideas for a blog post today so I’m blogging for the sake of blogging about not knowing what to blog about.
So, here’s some ideas of what I could be blogging about:
1) astrophysics – I don’t know much about it but I sure love to watch SciShowSpace (yes, I did just shamelessly plug one of the vlogbrothers’ latest channels). Also, black holes, quasars and other such phenomenon are awesome
2) the economy of Luxembourg – all I can say on this subject is that they are an EU member country
3) the eating habits of the cricetinae (hamster) – strange
4) the effect of climate change on the Arctic – I’m sure it’s dire
5) trends in recent New York Times bestseller lists – let me guess? Teen paranormal romance?
Speaking of YA books that feature the paranormal, it’s time to give you another spoiler from my own book, which is not a romance, but is a young adult book that does feature the paranormal on account of being a fantasy novel.
Your spoiler for today: the fantasy world it takes place in, the Land of Legends and Ancient Songs, is influenced by Middle Earth, Narnia, and Disneyland. The book itself is full of references to literature, folk music, and pop culture, including Skyrim. “The Rocky Road to Dublin” is one of Andrzej’s favourite songs to play on guitar, and he has a whole tavern dancing to it. Don’t know “The Rocky Road to Dublin”? SHAME ON YOU!!!! Enlighten yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc
PS. I was wrong about 5) – it seems that MYSTERIES are all the rage this week: http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/overview.html!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO WON CAMP NANOWRIMO 2014!!!